Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Kloster Eberbach



I had meant to have this new video uploaded to YouTube, but I tried KID YOU NOT 6 times with different files to upload it and it didn't work. So here it is...I hope you like it anyway, I finished it on Saturday but like I said, it wouldn't load... Sorry, I'm not sure the quality is as good as youtube, but at least it's here.

This features the Eberbach Monastery just outside Kiedrich, Germany. It was absolutely beautiful there, so historical and just pretty awesome.

Enjoy,


14 comments:

Bella said...

Wow! What an amazing experience. I would've loved to see that. That's interesting it was also a winery. Do monks drink wine? Is that why there was a winery? Wow... that was probably a really stupid question. Haha.

♥ from,

Lydia and Stewy

Mellimaus said...

I think they sold the wine to make money...plus after the monastery closed a winery bought it I think...it was also an insane asylum at one time and a place to "house" soldiers that were injured in war...

ILJ said...

Pretty cool! I love all of the pictures!!! :D

Simone said...

Good job, Melissa! Schoen hast Du das gemacht, wirklich! Da kommen einem ja die Traenen...

Unknown said...

Pretty neat. It would look a lot better on youtube....

Priscilla said...

Very interesting. I love history. Thanks for posting this!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the video and the way you put it all together.Very Nice.

Gemma said...

Ganz toll, Melissa! Hast du sehr schön gemacht - du weißt ja: nicht der Versuch zählt, sondern das Ergebnis!!
Übrigens glaube ich schon, dass die Mönche von dem Wein, den sie gekeltert haben, auch selbst getrunken haben. Damals hatten Wein und Bier noch nicht den Stellenwert, den sie heute haben.

Mellimaus said...

Lydia:
My Aunt Lucia just clarified, the monks drank the wine themselves, too, because back then the wine wasn't as expensive and valuable as it is today.

Daniela said...

Ganz toll Melissa, wunderschoene Aufnahmen vom Kloster aus schoenen Perspektiven!!
Und die Musik dazu passt ganz klasse!!

Heike said...

Gefällt mir sehr gut was du da zusammengestellt hast. Und die Musik passt perfekt dazu

Jutta said...

Umwerfend Melissa,ganz super klasse! Du hast Talent,wer weiss vielleicht machst Du mal einen Beruf daraus!
Hast mich und uns sehr erfreut und gerührt mit den Aufnahmen und der wunderschönen Musik dazu.
Kommt nun noch ein Teil oder waren es insgesamt 2? Könnte man sich echt dran gewöhnen:-) an solche gute Blogeinträge!

Gudl said...

Das hast du ganz toll gemacht, Melissa! Ich sagte auch schon, vielleicht machst du das mal beruflich.

Pedi said...

Very nice! Who needs youtube...