I have a poem to share that my (mostly email)friend, IL(ove)J(esus), wrote and shared with me. She lost her father a few years back, and wrote this poem recently. It made me, personally, appreciate my father more. Hope it touches you the way it did me. I think she did a great job.
"Daddy; I Miss You":
I miss you so much,
I wish you were still here.
I want to hear your voice....
Just one more time.
I want to have you kiss my forehead....
Just one more time.
I want to be called "Peanut"....
Just one more time.
You are my Daddy.
Why did you have to get sick?
Why did you leave?
Why did God take you?
I know God took you for a reason,
But I wish you could be here with me
For all those special moments.
My 13th, 16th, and 21st birthday's.
My high school graduation.
My collage graduation.
My wedding were you walk me down the aisle.
And all of the other special things that will happen.
I know you’re gone,
But you're still my Daddy.
I will remember you forever,
And miss you always,
But I'll stop crying soon.
Don't forget me when you’re in heaven, Daddy,
Because I am your Daughter
And you are..... my Daddy.
I'll love you forever and always!
"Daddy; I Miss You":
I miss you so much,
I wish you were still here.
I want to hear your voice....
Just one more time.
I want to have you kiss my forehead....
Just one more time.
I want to be called "Peanut"....
Just one more time.
You are my Daddy.
Why did you have to get sick?
Why did you leave?
Why did God take you?
I know God took you for a reason,
But I wish you could be here with me
For all those special moments.
My 13th, 16th, and 21st birthday's.
My high school graduation.
My collage graduation.
My wedding were you walk me down the aisle.
And all of the other special things that will happen.
I know you’re gone,
But you're still my Daddy.
I will remember you forever,
And miss you always,
But I'll stop crying soon.
Don't forget me when you’re in heaven, Daddy,
Because I am your Daughter
And you are..... my Daddy.
I'll love you forever and always!






4 comments:
So touching... I almost cried halfway through! =') *happy sniffle*
thanks for posting it. :) I <3 u. :)
It is very special! I am sure her Dad likes it!
It brought tears to my eyes, too. We have to appreciate the people in our lives every day, because they can be gone in no time.
This one made me cry too. I remember hearing about her sick father and being asked to pray for him and his family.
Post a Comment